Attention all shop workers and managers alike! Canada’s first national certification program for the manufacturing industry is coming. CertWORK+ is a national standards and skills certification designed for the manufacturing sector, by the manufacturing sector. This program is being brought to you by Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME): Canada’s largest trade association and the voice of over 10,000 manufacturers nationwide. What’s unique about this program is that CertWORK+ will act as a practical tool for manufacturers to assess and have certified, employee skills based on actual workplace experience. Read more to learn what’s in it for you and how you can become certified.
What’s in it for Employers?
The CertWORK+ program can help employers:
- Assess, hire, and promote based on certified skills that are measured against industry-validated standards
- Develop more focused training plans
- Retain, motivate, and promote qualified people
What’s in it for Employees?
The CertWORK+ program can help employees:
- Gain increased career mobility
- Validate your skills through a nationally recognized certification
- Provide employers with a quick snapshot of your skills and experience by listing your CertWORK+ credential on your resume
How can I become Certified?
Interested candidates can become certified through the following process:
- Take the Self Assessment and submit a request for enrollment
- Upon review, eligible candidates will be matched with an Assessor
- Develop an Assessment Plan and gather evidence
- Upon review, candidates who meet all criteria and requirements will be awarded the CertWORK+ Certificate