The Steel Industry Canadian government grants for hiring program aims to create career-oriented employment opportunities for recent Canadian post-secondary graduates to provide them with valuable work experience and developing their skills while working in the broader Canadian steel industry.
The Steel Industry Hiring Program provides an employer with up to $15,000 in financial support to cover the wages and hiring costs of certain new employees. The program is funded under the Youth Employment Program (YEP) and managed by the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), formerly known as Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC).
In order to qualify as an applicant under this government grant from the Canadian government employees must meet the following criteria:
- Recent graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution
- Between the ages of 15-30
- Placement must be a minimum of 4 months
- Haven’t previously worked within the company
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- 50% funding contribution from the employer is required
- Expect the process to take approximately 3-4 business days
- Reimbursement will be remitted quarterly upon receipt of payroll expenses
For more information on this and other grants and funding programs, visit http://www.mentorworks.ca/.
No responses yet