Our Reasons to Automate, in a recent blog post, outline the major benefits of automating your factory. Capital expenditures in your fabrication line are huge decisions and require a thorough evaluation process. Decision factors should be determined and measured based on each product to determine the optimal solution for your company.
Shop magazine provides us with 9 key challenges faced when deciding to invest in automation for your shop:
1) Fit into the plant and fit within the scheme of the shop flow
- MultiCam CNC machines are custom fitted to meet the needs of your business
- MultiCam machines come in a wide variety of table sizes, from 4’x4’ to unlimited custom dimensions, to ensure that clients get optimal use of their investment
3) Be affordable and allow a company to achieve a return on investment
- From V-Series to 6000-Series, MultiCam Plasma’s are designed to fit every budget to ensure the highest rate of return.
4) Be usable
- Having a functional machine to meet the needs of your shop is imperative as it is a major investment for your operations
- It is equally important to staff knowledgeable machine operators that can use your machine to the full extent of its capability
5) Be easy to maintain
- This is the variable expense of capital expenditures, maintenance costs need to be investigated prior to machine purchase
6) Reduce costs
- Cap-ex should decrease overall costs (fixed and variable) in order to achieve max ROI
- Our machines reduce material yield on average 15-20%
7) Improve shop throughput
- Product output should be increased with use of the new machine, allowing for high production volumes and additional revenues
8) Handle variability in manufacturing to accommodate customization
- MultiCam CNC Plasma’s, capable of cutting a wide variety of materials, couples with nesting software allows for maximum customization
9) Sustainable – something that will be used over years of operation
- MultiCam’s that have been installed 18 years ago are still in use today as our machines have been among the most durable in the market
- Demand for products tend to fluctuate in terms of their respective product life cycle, and as technology continues to grow, the demand for a CNC Cutting Solutions remains reliable and stronger than ever.
By using each of these factors to measure the compatibility of a machine, your business should be able to make a confident decision towards investment.