A few helpful tips to keep you and your machine safe
CNC plasma cutting is an incredibly efficient process that can be very useful to shops looking to increase the productivity of their current manufacturing operations. But as with any industrial cutting procedure there are some useful guidelines to follow in order to ensure the safety of your workers and workspace. Although some tips may be obvious, it is always wise to review them with the machine operators in order to guarantee safety. Here are some useful tips to remember:
- Avoid picking up the work piece or waste cut off while cutting is taking place. Try to leave the work piece in place on the cutting surface throughout the cutting process.
- Insulate yourself from the work and ground using dry insulating mats or covers large enough to prevent any physical contact with the work or ground.
- Eye and Ear protection should be used when operating or working near the plasma cutter.
- Keep the cutting area well ventilated.
- Remove any combustibles from your pockets before beginning the process.
- Set the air pressure to the factory recommended pressure (psi) in order to ensure optimal cutting from your Plasma cutter.
- Avoid cutting in wet or damp environments due to the high voltage of plasma cutters.
These are just a few simple guidelines to follow when using your MultiCam CNC plasma cutter. Although MultiCam provides an extremely safe CNC cutting solution designed with the customer in mind, it is still important to follow these guidelines in order to ensure safety.